Family Matters @ School
West Grove Primary School has been accepted by the MSF, for the implementation of the Evidenced-Based Programmes (EBP) also known as Positive Parenting Programme (Triple P) for All P3 and P4 Parents, under FamilyMatters@School (FMS), since 1 April 2016.
What is Positive Parenting Programmes (Triple P)?
Triple P is a parenting program, but it doesn't tell you how to be a parent. It's more like a toolbox of ideas. You choose the strategies you need. You choose the way you want to use them. It's all about making Triple P work for you.
Triple P helps parents:
- Raise happy, confident kids
- Manage misbehavior so everyone in the family enjoys life more
- Set rules and routines that everyone respects and follows
- Encourage behavior you like
- Take care of yourself as a parent
- Feel confident you're doing the right thing
Five Steps to Positive Parenting:
- Creating a safe, interesting environment
- Have a positive learning environment
- Use assertive discipline
- Have realistic expectations
- Take care of yourself
The School will be holding the Triple P Introduction Talk on 27 Jan 2018. Please click here for the latest Powerpoint slides and Marketing video, if you wish to recap on the Introduction Talk, after the session.
For more information on Triple P, you are also welcome to visit the official website at http://www.triplep-parenting.net/glo-en/home/.
Please click here to view the Gallery of photographs taken at past Triple P events.
For more information and / or any queries on Positive Parenting Programmes, do feel free to email to Mrs Helen Teng (FamilyMatters@School Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org.