Positive Parenting Programmes
Family Matters @ School
West Grove Primary School has been accepted by the MSF, for the implementation of the Evidenced-Based Programmes (EBP) also known as Positive Parenting Programme (Triple P) for All P3 and P4 Parents, under FamilyMatters@School (FMS), since 1 April 2016.
What is Positive Parenting Programmes (Triple P)?
Triple P is a parenting program, but it doesn't tell you how to be a parent. It's more like a toolbox of ideas. You choose the strategies you need. You choose the way you want to use them. It's all about making Triple P work for you.
Triple P helps parents:
- Raise happy, confident kids
- Manage misbehavior so everyone in the family enjoys life more
- Set rules and routines that everyone respects and follows
- Encourage behavior you like
- Take care of yourself as a parent
- Feel confident you're doing the right thing
Five Steps to Positive Parenting:
- Creating a safe, interesting environment
- Have a positive learning environment
- Use assertive discipline
- Have realistic expectations
- Take care of yourself
The School will be holding the Triple P Introduction Talk on 27 Jan 2018.
For more information on Triple P, you are also welcome to visit the official website at http://www.triplep-parenting.net/glo-en/home/.
Please click here to view the Gallery of photographs taken at past Triple P events.
For more information and / or any queries on Positive Parenting Programmes, do feel free to email to Mrs Helen Teng (FamilyMatters@School Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org.